Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Tucker got a few treats today and one of them was a pumpkin rattle from Miss Kerry. He can't live without it. He held it all the way home, he held it while he ate his bottle...
he held it while falling asleep...
and he's still holding it while he's sleeping...
Thank you God for our blessing of Tucker boy!! And thank you, Miss Kerry for the rattle...
Tucker's friend (and ours), Deb T., got this little lamb for Tucker before we even knew he would be our little "Tucker".
Deb prayed for him, our new little lamb, before he was even born. And this Sunday Tucker fell in love with this little lamb that Miss Deb bought for him. The little lamb's feet say, "Jesus Loves Me". It's too cute and he can't get enough of him.
And look how big of a boy I'm getting to be!!! So tall!!
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Monday, October 23, 2006
Jayna was an early riser this morning!!! She was excited to see Tucker but he wasn't up yet and we were still getting ready...so...Aunt Allison convinced her she could cuddle on the couch with my (Aunt Allison's) blanket. (Thanks Chels & Donnie I love it!!!) So...this is our early morning today...watch tomorrow for a video about our countdown to see Mommy, Daddy & Autumn Friday!!!!
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Friday, October 20, 2006
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Here you go Mommy & Daddy...and please notice my pigtails are Michigan colors, maze and blue, for Autumn. I picked them out myself. And they're not for Aunt Allison. (Jayna's a turkey!!)
And one of Jayna being silly - she was super silly this morning. She slept too good I guess!!! Sorry it's sideways - there's not enough time to fix it.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Dad-Daughter time is so special; I loved my time with Dad in the mornings on our drives to work (and the drives home for that matter). What a precious memory with him. I'm thankful for my Dad today and I'm thankful for the special relationship that God allows Dad's and daughters to have. By the way...I loved my time with Dad in a lot of ways - our drives just seemed to be so pleasant in recent months before he passed. God knew.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Sunday, October 15, 2006
This is the first photo of Autumn - Aaron took our camera in that Saturday before they took her down to UofM. She looks so so good now (see her progression above)...you can see and read more at their blog. She loooks even better now. She gains a tiny more each day.
And Sep took a few from the floor view the other morning...drool and all! Tucker is a drooling machine!!!
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
We came home tonight to catch up on some laundry; love our little boy - he's been without Mommy & Daddy for a day and overnight (Thanks, Aunt Vicki & Uncle Eldon). We'll be heading back down in the morning Aaron, Sep, Tucker & I to U of M where Mom & Jen are tonight. It was nice for us to be together today. Justin and Brenda were at the hospital today as well, as was Jayna. It's back to school for Jayna for the rest of the week. Please pray for her and her transition of life right now. It sure is a lot on a 5 year old!
We're getting a big storm here tonight. (wow, that was random)
Sunday, October 01, 2006
The more time they took examining Autumn after they stabilized her they found some significant set-backs today. Please pray for Autumn. She is still at UofM NICU and will be for the long haul.
1. Her kidneys appear to not be working. Tests tomorrow.
2. Her liver appears to not be working. Tests tomorrow.
3. Blood in her bladder (catheter) Test tomorrow; probably related to kidney issues.
4. Platelet count. The normal platelet count for a newborn is 150,000; this morning hers was 17,000 - they gave her one dose or platelets and she is up to 30,000 and maintaining that. They will continue to give her and pray her body maintains as they build her up.
5. She is still receiving blood continuously to get her blood count back up from all of the blood she lost.
6. Her heart is strong.
7. Her lungs/breathing is stable.
8. Neurologically - she is very stable.
9. She's gorgeous, just gorgeous and looks great - you would have no idea she is so sick.
10. Hopefully Jen will get released tomorrow from Midland and they will go stay down in Ann Arbor for awhile. If not tomorrow, it will most likely be Tuesday. Jen's blood count is 2/3 of the level that it should be. She lost some blood during the emergency c-section.
11. God is still good.
12. I still love the God I serve.
13. God is bigger.
14. I love the God that I serve who has POWER.
15. I love the God that I serve loves me and Autumn, and Tuckerboy, and Jayna, and Taylor and Carly and.......etc....and YOU too!
16. Family, family, family...we know we need 'em....thank you God for a caring family. (Yes, we unbelievably miss Dad and his ROCK right now, but we serve that same ROCK that gave him the strength to be our ROCK in times like these.)
17. I loved seeing Tucker tonight - he's been staying with Miss Deb and Katie. They are such a blessing. I think I will let him sleep in the recliner with me if he wants tonight...I'm a softee, what can I say?
18. God is good - He will heal Autumn in HIS way and HIS timing and HE will help us to understnad HIS will. I know because I asked him to.
19. Autumn Faith Hess was 6 lbs 11 oz...
20. Jayna can write Autumn Faith Hess; we worked on it in the lobby at Motts Children Hospital tonight.
21. I'm going to bed - Sep is snoring next to me.
22.I got to hold Autumn's hand tonight...she's so precious
23. I love the God I serve.